Let me start off by saying this: take this rumor with a grain of salt. It's a doozy, and there's no confirmed original source for the images related to this rumor. Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.
According to a gallery of images on Imgur, Nintendo will be opening up a "Smash Store" following tomorrow's Nintendo Direct; these images are screenshots of a supposed web page for the store, although there is no explanation given for how they were obtained. They say that four DLC packs are coming for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS containing new characters (Mewtwo, Popo, Wolf, and a mystery character), as well as stages, custom parts, and more.
Here's a rundown of the information in the images (which you can check out in the gallery below):
- A Smash Store is opening tomorrow following the Nintendo Direct. It will contain information about four future DLC packs for Smash Bros.
- DLC Pack 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back! is releasing on May 25th. It will contain Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage, 50 new custom parts, and a new menu style. If you preorder this DLC pack, you will get an exclusive Tyranitar trophy for both Wii U and 3DS, and Mewtwo will download automatically on May 25th. Club Nintendo users will be able to download Mewtwo on April 8th (it's not clear whether this is for just Mewtwo, or the entire first DLC pack). Preorders for this pack will run from April 1st to April 22nd.
- DLC Pack 2: Popo Breaks the Ice! is releasing on June 22nd. It will contain Popo, an Ice Climber stage, 50 new custom parts, and a new menu style. If you preorder this DLC pack, you will get an exclusive Mach Rider trophy for both Wii U and 3DS, and Popo will download automatically on June 22nd. Nana will be an alternate costume for Popo; preorders for this pack will run from May 26th to June 16th.
- DLC Pack 3: Wolf Tears it Up! is releasing on July 8th. It will contain Wolf, a stage based on Zoness, 50 new custom parts, and a new menu style. If you preorder this DLC pack, you will get an exclusive Xevious trophy for both Wii U and 3DS, and Wolf will download automatically on July 8th. This DLC pack is launching alongside Star Fox for Wii U on July 8th; preorders for this DLC pack will be available from June 10th to July 24th.
- DLC Pack 4 will release on November 16th, and it will contain a mystery character. More details about this pack will be coming at a later date.
- In one of the images, you can see the URL for this alleged website; the URL leads to the site that currently contains information about the Smash Bros. CD and Mewtwo DLC.
What do you guys think? Real? Fake? We'll find out tomorrow!