There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That's where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of "Nintendo Week," a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
This week marks the podcast's fiftieth episode, which means huge celebrations! This episode is nearly twice as big as usual, jam-packed with new segments, fun discussions, and all the usual greatness. This week's stories include tons of news on Pokkén Tournament, several massive rumors about games like Zelda, Final Fantasy, and more coming to NX and 3DS, Sakurai's revelation that he wants Geno playable in Smash Bros., and so much more. After the break we dig really in-depth into games we've been playing lately, like Fire Emblem Fates, Paper Jam, and Resident Evil 4 in a new segment called The Game Corner. Then we move onto listener questions with the Mystery House, where we list fifteen Virtual Console games you should all play, and finally a special Glitz Pit for this month's big holiday. You can check out the super-sized episode below—or if you'd like to save it to listen later, you can check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTube where it's easy to find them based on your favorite subjects... So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you'd rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We've reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we're exploring other options. In the meantime, we're still available on tons of great platforms!
If you'd like to give us feedback, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don't be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you'd like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we'll be answering them in one big block, so we'd love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week's Stories:
- Pokkén has a Wii U exclusive campaign
- Six new support Pokémon for Pokkén
- And three Legendary support Pokémon
- There are currently no plans for Pokkén DLC
- Liam Robertson says EA has NX dev kits
- Rumor: EA is pressuring Nintendo to spend more
- LEGO Movie producer dreams of working with Nintendo
- The My Nintendo rewards program has missions
- Sakurai wanted Geno playable in Smash Bros.
- A dad hacked A Link to the Past to make Link gender neutral
- Pokémon Reorchestrated's YouTube channel was shut down
The Gossip Stone:
- The 3DS' 2016 Lineup Rumor
- The NX Launch and Zelda U Rumor
- The Unreal Engine on NX Rumor
- The Final Fantasy Games on NX Rumor
This Week's Lightning Round:
- You can now pre-load Twilight Princess HD
- Mario Maker got a Wolf Link costume (video)
- Mario Maker also got a costume of Chitoge Kirisaki
- it also got one for Barbara the Bat
- Team Blue destroyed Team Red in the Splatfest
- Awesome video tours of Nintendo NY's opening
- The Pokémon XYZ anime premiered
- The Zelda series officially turned 30
- All the awesome Pokémon Day schwag
- Famitsu will hold a livestream for Sakurai's 500th column
- Yo-Kai Watch's anime airs in Europe on April 23rd
- Yo-Kai Watch launches in Europe on April 29th
- Mario & Sonic: Rio for Wii U launches in June
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice was delayed to Fall
- Super Russian Roulette is a new zapper game for NES
- Final Fantasy and Bravely Default creators are teaming up
- Lots of Pokkén Tournament news
- The Pokémon rereleases are available in 3 languages
- Kamiya was offered to have Bayonetta in Project X Zone 2
- Sakurai discusses appealing to casual and competitive fans
- He explains the creative process behind Roy, Mewtwo, & Lucas
- He explains why it's the right time for the final Smash DLC
- New trailer for the Pokémon rereleases
- New trailer for Pokkén Tournament
- Graphics comparison trailer for Twilight Princess HD
- 1+ hour of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final footage
- Reggie's speech in honor of Iwata at DICE
- Nintendo has no plans for stores other than Nintendo NY
- First 4 Figures is making a limited edition Arwing
- Preorder Hyrule Warriors Legends at GameStop to get an artbook
- Someone turned a Wii Balance Board into a skateboard
- Final Fantasy IX running on New 3DS
- Artwork from the rejected Super Mario comic
This week's break music is an 8-bit remix of Final Fantasy VII's battle theme, "Let the Battles Begin," by our wonderful friend Bulby. An excellent cover of Mother 3's Love Theme by Epic Game Music serves as our outro music for the week.