Nintendo Directs, video segments (usually around a half-hour long) that convey Nintendo announcements and updates, have been a staple and a popular event for a few years now. However, Nintendo Direct videos were a passion of former Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata, and we haven't seen one since his tragic passing in July. If you're worried that Nintendo is doing away with Nintendo Directs, there's cause for optimism. Nintendo recently put up a job listing for a Motion Graphics Artist, and one of the duties listed is Nintendo Directs. Here's the full job description:
Description of Duties
- Work with members of the team to create motion graphics for various projects
- Help team members by creating animations for use or by helping editors design graphics that they can implement themselves
- Help determine typography choices for use in trailers, sizzle reels etc.
- Plays games to obtain game footage and/or screen captures
- Edits video/audio for TV commercials, game trailers, Nintendo Direct, web content, demo kiosks, internal and external presentations, and general marketing purposes as needed
- Facilitates file transfers with other groups, agencies, and subsidiaries
- Maintains audio/video equipment and editing Macs
- Recommends and installs new editing/computer equipment and software
- Ability to work overtime required
- Be able to receive feedback from various groups, analyze it, and implement it in a timely manner
Summary of Requirements
- Ability to work with high level motion graphics and animation
- Knowledge of 3D animation techniques required
- Ability to use and convert multiple media formats/codecs
- Strong experience with non-linear audio/video editing programs and graphic design programs (Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Autodesk Smoke, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Studio)
- Familiarity with media file types and data compression techniques/codecs (including Apple ProRes, h.264, WMV9, etc.)
- Knowledge of FTP file transfers
- Familiarity with PC and Mac OS X equipment, software, and terminology
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with constantly changing priorities
- Two years related experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred, equivalent programs considered
- Training in video/animation/audio required
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent PC work.
Are you happy to see that Nintendo has plans for future Nintendo Directs? Who should host them going forward? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Source: Nintendo job listing