SXSW 2018 is wrapping up in Austin, Texas, and last night the winners of the fifth annual South by Southwest Gaming Awards (as decided by over half a million votes from gamers around the world) were announced. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was the biggest winner, taking home the coveted Video Game of the Year award alongside two other accolades. PUBG was another big winner, with three awards to its name as well.
You can check out the full list of winners below.
- Excellence in Visual Achievement: Horizon Zero Dawn
- Excellence in Technical Achievement: NieR: Automata
- Excellence in SFX: Super Mario Odyssey
- Excellence in Narrative: What Remains of Edith Finch
- Excellence in Multiplayer: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
- Excellence in Musical Score: NieR: Automata
- Excellence in Gameplay: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Excellence in Design: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Excellence in Convergence: Star Wars Battlefront II
- Excellence in Animation: Cuphead
- Excellence in Art: Cuphead
- Most Promising New Intellectual Property: Horizon Zero Dawn
- Most Fulfilling Community-Funded Game: Night in the Woods
- Matthew Crump Cultural Innovation Award: Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Trending Game of the Year: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
- Esports Game of the Year: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
- VR Game of the Year: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Tabletop Game of the Year: Gloomhaven
- Mobile Game of the Year: Fire Emblem Heroes
- Video Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Source: SXSW Gaming