Hollow Knight is one of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful Metroidvania style games in years, and developer Team Cherry has kept it fresh with multiple free content updates. If you've played them all and you're still hungry for more, we've got some great news. Team Cherry just announced that Hollow Knight is getting a full-fledged sequel.
The upcoming sequel is titled Hollow Knight: Silksong, and it stars Hornet as the main character. What originally began as plans for another DLC expansion kept growing and growing until Team Cherry decided it needed to be its own standalone adventure. However, even though it's a new game altogether, Team Cherry is still giving it away free to anyone who backed the original Hollow Knight's Kickstarter campaign at the $10AUD and above tiers. Here's a rundown of what you can expect in Silksong:
As Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, adventure through a whole new kingdom haunted by silk and song. Captured and brought to an unfamiliar land, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom's peak.
Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom's hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight's award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
Hollow Knight: Silksong doesn't have an official release date yet, but Team Cherry says they began work on it almost immediately after the original PC release of Hollow Knight on February 24, 2017. Silksong is currently planned to launch on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Nintendo Switch. More platforms may be added in the future, but for now they're focusing on those platforms. In the meantime, you can check out the exciting new trailer above, and you can also check out a lengthy video from Team Cherry discussing the upcoming game by clicking the source link below.
Source: Team Cherry