Over the past few weeks, Nintendo has been making a lot of headlines for taking legal action to protect their intellectual property, shutting down fan projects that utilize Nintendo characters. Nintendo issued DMCA takedown notices to the immensely popular AM2R: Return of Samus and the comical No Mario's Sky among others, leading to considerable backlash from fans.
It doesn't look like Nintendo is going to change their hardline stance against these types of fan projects anytime soon. In fact, it looks like they're ramping up their efforts to curtail the unauthorized use of their IP. Nintendo has just published a job listing for an "Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator." You can check out the details below.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Maintains databases used to track, report and analyze data in support of Internet enforcement activities and the seizure of unauthorized products
- Manages online monitoring vendors, analyzes and reports data to curtail the spread of Internet piracy and the sale of infringing products distributed online
- Responds to law enforcement and customs authorities' requests for product identification
- Coordinates and tracks take-down notices and compliance checking
- Works with internal departments and maintains information related to authentic and promotional products
- Maintains high level knowledge of Nintendo's product offerings
- Collaborates with global team members and provides support in projects as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Five+ years of related experience in an office environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite of products with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective ability to prioritize competing obligations for a variety of customers.
- Video game industry related experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Ability to perform consistent PC work.
- Must demonstrate exceptional accuracy with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to independently coordinate projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external departments
- Advanced Internet research and database skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines