A leak has reportedly been made regarding Nintendo's mysterious upcoming console, known simply as the NX. The leaker calls himself 'Geno' and has made a number of leaks in the past which proved to be true. He claims that Nintendo's next console will have a detachable HDMI dongle, it will have haptic feedback in joysticks, its power is comparable to Microsoft's Xbox One, and any game that can run on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 can easily be made to run on the NX with almost no modification needed.
Here's the rundown of everything Geno has told us about the NX:
- It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. You can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output.
- The device uses an evolved version of the Wii U's streaming tech to display in HD on the TV screen.
- Analog controls for movement have small motors in them for full haptic feedback (e.g. if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the wall to simulate hitting it)
- Bluetooth synch with tons of devices is supported, including smartphones and tablets.
- You can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto NX screen(s).
- It is closest to the Xbox One in terms of power.
- All tech involved uses the exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One
- Any game that can run on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third-party developer said "it's the easiest device we've ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works."
- We should look to Pokémon GO to get an idea of the type of social features that will be in NX.
- It will take multiplayer, AR, and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.
- The strengths of the device are its usability and ease of use.
- Devs describe it visually and functionally as "as if Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby."
- It looks friendly, but unlike what most people believe a Nintendo device to typically look like.
- The operating system, named NintendOS, is very powerful and has many modern features of mobile operating systems.
- Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android.
- Very strong networking functions, as it ties into multiple devices and services. This allows for a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer's life.
Geno has been correct about multiple rumors before, including the existence of Microsoft's Illumiroom, that the PlayStation 4 would be capable of running modern-day graphics on its hardware, and new Pokémon types and forms in Pokémon X and Y, so it seems he has a good track record. He quoted an employee apparently involved with the NX's development, who said he had "not seen this much forward momentum on a project since they launched the original Famicom."
Do you guys think this info is legitimate? Is the NX going to be Nintendo's next big thing? Let us know what you think in the comments below!