Nintendo had promised that today's Direct would focus mainly on Switch games, and boy, did it ever.
During the Direct, a bunch of details and release dates were announced for quite a few titles. For starters, to celebrate the launch of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on April 28th, Nintendo is planning to host two tournaments: a racing tournament and a battle tournament. More details will be provided soon, so keep your eyes open and your feet ready on the gas pedal, Karters!
You can check the rest out below:
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challenger is slated for a May 26th release.
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition was announced tonight, will appear on the eShop on May 11th, and it will get a physical release at a later date. The Wii U's Super Mario Mashup Pack featuring new Mario themed content will be coming back to the Switch version of the game, and this will be available at launch.
- NeoGeo Masterpieces, a collection of games from yore, will release for the Switch later this year.
- Sonic Forces will be coming out this Holiday season. This new game in the Sonic franchise looks like it hopes to bring back some of that Sonic Generations feel, with fully 3D levels and environments. As with Generations, the 2D "Classic Sonic" will be playable.
- Sonic Mania, of course, is going the classic route in turn. It is slated to release this summer.
- Project Mekuru, a puzzle game similar to Othello, will release this summer with online multiplayer.
- Fate/Extella, a new title in the popular visual novel series, will release on July 25th.
- Disgaea 5 Complete is a port of the turn-based strategy RPG released on the PS4 in 2015, coming to the eShop on May 23rd.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris looks to be a mash up of the two popular puzzle franchises, Tetris and Puyo Pop. Although a final release date was not given, a demo is available on the eShop now.
- Monopoly, a digital version of the classic board game, will launch this fall, and it will include support for HD Rumble.
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition, a port of the 2013 side-scroller with additional content, will be ported to the Switch later this year.
- Sine Mora Ex, the shoot-em-up action game from THQ Nordic, will release on the Switch this summer.
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar, a new turn-based RPG, will be a timed exclusive for the Switch, releasing this summer.
- Payday 2 will be coming to the Switch sometime this year, and looks to be a direct port of the version released on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Namco Museum, a collection of classic Namco games will be released this summer.
What games from this Direct are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Nintendo Direct