Great news, Pokémon fans! The Pokémon Company is holding a press conference today in Japan regarding its future "business strategy." It will be live streamed on Niconico right here, and will start in just 20 minutes, as of this writing—which means it starts at 11:00 PM PST. We here at Gamnesia will be sure to keep you posted on any news that develops.
As many of you are probably aware, the 20th anniversary of the Pokémon franchise is fast approaching, and many hints have been dropped thus far that big things are on the horizon. With this in mind, are you excited by what could possibly be announced in this upcoming live stream? Let us know in the comments!
Update: Here's a roundup of all the news from the live stream.
- “Pokémon Go” is a mobile game where you capture and battle Pokémon in the real world
- Pokémon Go connects to a watch-like device that tells you where Pokémon are lurking in the real world
- The Pokémon Company might have teased the seventh generation of Pokémon coming in 2016
- Miyamoto gets on stage to promote Pokémon GO and says it reminds him of Pokémon Snap
- Pokémon GO is not one of the five Nintendo-DeNA mobile games