The Witcher series is arguably one of the best new series to hit the games industry in a good while. Thanks to our friends over at Game Informer we now have a wealth of information about their exclusive reveal of this highly anticipated title. The Witcher 3 was officially unveiled in their print magazine with a wealth of additional details to team up with the online announcement.
- The world supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
- It takes 30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
- Geralt's Memory is restored
- There are no longer chapters/acts
- Dude is done fighting for everyone else
- The game will feature everything from solving mysteries to slaying monsters
- The Witcher 3 is coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.
The great thing about much of this is that upon further digging, it has been confirmed the title is coming to PC and all next-gen consoles. Assuming that they feel the Wii U is a next-gen console, it is possible we could see a Wii U version of the game as well (much like how we got Assassin's Creed III). Still, the game will be arriving on Sony and Microsoft's new offerings, and naturally the PC master race will likely get the best of all available versions.
The Witcher series is one of the newest, yet freshest RPG games to hit the market in arguably a decade. Setting aside its stunning visuals it offers a lot of game play depth all the way down to a more realistic crafting mechanic. The fact remains it's one of the most aspiring new franchises around and we can't wait to see what the third installment has in store.