Yacht Club Games made a name for themselves with the highly successful retro-styled platformer Shovel Knight. Since its launch, they've been releasing regular updates and expansions, but they've also been working on something brand new. Today the indie studio revealed that they've teamed up with Mechanical Head Studios to create a new game called Cyber Shadow.
Like Shovel Knight before it, Cyber Shadow draws its inspiration from classic 8-bit games and will emulate that style. You'll be playing as a ninja known as Shadow fighting back in a world that's been taken over by synthetic life forms. Cyber Shadow has been in development by Mechanical Head for years, and with Yacht Club's help it's finally about ready to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. You can pre-order it now on the official website for $14.99, but the release date has not yet been determined. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect from Cyber Shadow.
- Dash, slice, and leap through masterfully designed levels filled with sharply honed ninja platforming action.
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with hand-crafted sprites, a detailed pixel aesthetic, and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation, multi-layered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses, from enormous war machines to your synthetic clan rivals.
- Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge or experience it for the first time.. with an added convenience or two.
- Rescue your clan to unlock permanent Ninjutsu skills and abilities, combining them seamlessly as only the warrior of legend could.
- Search for secrets as you explore the ruined world. Return to your old haunts to find supplies, items and upgrades.
- Experience the gripping story, told both in-game and through animated cinematic story scenes between the action. Who can be trusted? How far will Shadow go to protect his clan and the one he loves?
- Pulse-pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin, produced by Jake Kaufman.