There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That's where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of "Nintendo Week," a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
This week, we discuss Nintendo's comments about bringing their various franchises to film, Nintendo's push for third-party support on NX, hidden files in Super Mario Maker, and our final thoughts about Super Smash Bros. DLC before the Fighter Ballot closes this weekend. After the break, we pitch two more Smash moversets for you guys, this time for the popular third-party choices Shovel Knight and Banjo-Kazooie! You can check out the jam-packed episode below—or if you'd like to save it to listen later, you can check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia, you have plenty of ways to access what we hope will become one of your most trusted ways to absorb information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you'd rather not subscribe, be sure to check back here every week for your new episode!
If you'd like to give us feedback, please email me at [email protected], and we'll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don't be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you'd like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we'll be answering them in one big block, so we'd love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
More Information on This Week's Stories:
- Nintendo’s Takashi Tezuka would cast a woman to play Link in a Zelda film
- Miyamoto says it’s “a secret” whether or not he’s working on a feature-length Pikmin movie
- Miyamoto would cast real-life twin brothers to play Mario and Luigi in a movie
- Files for the Angry Sun were discovered in Super Mario Maker
- Data miner says Mario Maker has costume files for Popo, Mr. Saturn, and others
- Tezuka says using NSBM U physics for all of Mario Maker wasn't an easy decision
- Nintendo joined the Khronos group, a non-profit working for standards across digital platforms
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer's North American reviews are somewhat disappointing
- Pokémon Company CEO wants to extend Pokémon Bank to other games and devices
- Future Pokémon spin-offs could come to mobile or handheld based on "what fits"
This Week's Lightning Round:
- 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is coming to the eShop
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is scheduled for release this holiday
- Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions is coming to Europe, premiers in London this December
- Nintendo made a set of Animal Crossing stickers for Japan’s messenger app, LINE
- Collecting all the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards would likely cost you around $500
- Nintendo of America is now selling faceplates for the smaller New Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo is adding 3DS games to Nintendo Selects, includes Zelda, Star Fox, and more
- “Smashified” shows us how Dixie Kong would look in Super Smash Bros.
- Rivals of Aether is a Smash-inspired indie game that’s gaining a huge amount of steam
- Heroes of the Storm is getting a new character skin inspired by Samus and the Metroid universe
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon debuts at the top of the charts in Japan
- Zelda: Tri Force Heroes includes a Boss Rush mode, challenge levels, and more
- Tharja, Virion, and more characters are coming to Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
- Nintendo & Yacht Club explain how they collaborated on Shovel Knight’s Amiibo & exclusive modes
- 3DS and Wii U make up 50% of Shovel Knight sales
- This fan-made Bayonetta Amiibo will make you want the real thing
- The Shulk, Greninja, and Lucario Amiibo may stop being retailer-exclusive
- Rare unveils never-before-seen concept art for a cancelled Conker game
- Nintendo’s new retail signage puts the Wii U and 3DS sections under one unified banner
- Best Buy is offering deals on Smash Bros., Splatoon, and more
- Michael Pachter says Wii U will likely sell only 2 million more units
This week's break music is Pirate Prelude and Thrash the Plank from the awesome OC ReMix album Kong in Concert.