There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That's where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of "Nintendo Week," a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
Join Alex, Ben, and Colin as we discuss news from the past week, including tons of new Pokémon, the end of Splatoon's Splatfests, some corporate shakeups, and the mobile sensation sweeping the nation, Pokémon GO. Afterwards we have a brief discussion about the future of the show, so be sure to stay tuned.
You can check out the episode below—or if you'd like to save it to listen later, you can check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTube where it's easy to find them based on your favorite subjects... So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you'd rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We've reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we're exploring other options. In the meantime, we're still available on tons of great platforms!
If you'd like to give us feedback, please email me at email@example.com, and we'll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don't be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you'd like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we'll be answering them in one big block, so we'd love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week's Stories:
- Here are new Pokémon Sun and Moon trailers
- The final Splatfest is this month
- Data miners may have discovered the final Hyrule Warriors characters
- Miyamoto says finishing Pikmin 4 hasn't been a priority lately
- Scott Moffitt is leaving Nintendo of America
- My Nintendo is offering birthday discounts in North America
- Nintendo had its best day on the stock market since 1983
- Nintendo's stock jumped 10% overnight
- Nintendo's stock is now at its highest level in over 5 years
Lightning Round Stories:
- Super Mario RPG is now on the North American Virtual Console
- The Callie and Marie costumes are available in Super Mario Maker
- Pokémon players can now download Shaymin in their games
- Miitomo is getting more Splatoon content in honor of the final Splatfest
- Yogurtland now has Mario-inspired flavors
- Pokémon GO will likely launch in more regions in a few days
- A new Pokkén Tournament fighter will be revealed July 14th
- This year's Camp Miiverse also begins July 14th
- Monster Hunter Generations is getting stellar reviews
- Nintendo UK kicks off "the Summer of Splat"
- Niantic is holding a Pokémon GO panel at San Diego Comic Con
- The final Splatfest – Callie vs. Marie – starts July 22nd
- The fan remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus launches August 6th
- Japan will have three concerts celebrating Zelda's 30th anniversary
- Donkey Kong's original arcade game turned 35 years old
- Ubisoft said they'll support NX
- Miyamoto stressed that Nintendo has never said it will produce a movie
- Nintendo officially restructured its Board of Directors
- Nintendo issued a takedown for Kickstarter's NES art collection book
- A competitive Pichu player in Melee got caught cheating
- A new Chinese mobile game blatantly rips off Splatoon
- Another Chinese RPG uses tons of Nintendo and Smash characters
- The creator of Axiom Verge wants to port it to 3DS
- Monster Hunter Generations' Wind Waker DLC is coming West
- There's an upcoming Bluetooth controller modeled after the N64 controller
- Nintendo says it could make a controller for smartphones
- The second wave of Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo was revealed
- Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow's VC editions will be discounted in Europe
- Nintendo and Mattel are partnering to make Mario-themed Hot Wheels
- Japan is getting plushes of the Pokémon Sun and Moon starters
- Nintendo is holding a t-shirt contest to win $10,000
- The emulator making NES games playable in 3D is now available
- A fan released a trailer for a short film based on Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Smashified gives Kumatora from Mother 3 the Smash treatment
- Fans are making their own Mario Maker bookmark site
- Someone's making a working GBA with Pokémon FireRed in Minecraft
- Nintendo filed a patent for a handheld gaming device with virtual buttons
- Nintendo is hiring mobile developers for their Tokyo office
- Nintendo still plans to make quality of life devices
- All of Nintendo's directors saw an improved approval rating except its president
This week's break music is Bulby's 8-bit rendition of the Super Training theme from Pokémon X and Y. Our outro music is EarthBound's "Smiles and Tears" as arranged and performed by the New Japan BGM Philharmonic Orchestra, dedicated in memory of Satoru Iwata.